''My Favourite Books ''2" by ImeneTl


      We all have a book selection that we are proud of, one that we have constructed with pleasure and taste. But, have you ever thought about mixing your reading taste with that which is skyrocketing in the market ? Certainly, your collection would be all the more ingenious and appealing when you have read such books. Below is a list of five books reviews that you should take a look at to decide your next read. Soon enough, you would probably find that you have been missing a lot! More importantly, the following list is reviewed by a similarly passionate reader, so let ImeneTl guide you through these amazing reads, and you can also download them through the links below the covers. 



       1.  The Fault in our Stars by John Green:  Rating :  




   Review : One of my all time favorites *.* I am sure you all know this book. Those of you who haven’t read it have probably seen the movie.

 So, the story is about a seventeen year old girl named Hazel Grace Lancaster. Hazel has terminal lung cancer and is forced to attend this support group by her mother, and that’s where she meets Augustus Waters who is a cancer survivor.
Their story develops in such a beautiful yet painful way. I really loved the fact that this wasn’t another Cliché love story.
What I also loved is how realistic the book is. It shows the struggles that cancer patients go through along with the people who surround them and how it affects them.
We all think that we know what they are going through, but we honestly don’t.
It opens up your eyes and lets you see how they deal with cancer from their point of view and how they feel about it. They do not want to be portrayed as the strong warriors who fought cancer and died bravely. They are suffering, they are tired, and they are afraid.  
I loved every single character in this book, they’re funny, witty, mature, and realistic ! Each one’s contribution to the story was perfect. And let’s not forget Augustuuus *.* He’s just soo sweet and romantic and overly confident in an amusing way !
I really recommend this book to everyone. It’s a novel that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime. If you are sensitive as I am, you will cry. A lot. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.

     2.   A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks :  Rating : 




   Review : Too many emotions I can't even :'(((
I just love this book! And I find it way better than the movie although the movie is one of my time favorite romantic movies. It’s more detailed and emotional and even different in a lot of ways.
It was so beautifully written and so captivating.
I read this book twice and finished it in one sitting both times! It's just impossible to put it down once you start reading it.
The story is told by the main character Landon Carter (who is by the way really funny and sarcastic). His life suddenly turns upside down when he gets closer to Jamie Sullivan, someone he’d known his entire life but had always chosen to ignore.
She will be the one to affect his life in ways he never would’ve imagined before and teach him a lesson that will be stuck with him forever.
Definitely my favorite Nicholas Sparks novel <3

     3.   Around The World in 80 Days by Jules Verne :   Rating : 





  Review : Fiiinally XD! That took waay longer than it should have.
 It wasn't fascinating but wasn't bad either. I especially loved the ending and the fact that the writing was kind of straightforward, the events kept rolling and new things happened in every chapter.
 It also taught me that when going through some kind of an experience, you are never left empty handed at the end, even if you lost, you've still learned something new.

     4.   Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami :  Rating :




  Review : It’s the writer’s most famous novel and yet the writer himself admits that he doesn’t know why it became this successful ! 
 I don't know why but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy this book as much as everyone else did!  Each character was somehow messed up and depressing in its own way.
The only thing that I did like was the beautiful writing and the way the writer describes the sceneries. 
Other than that, it was extremely boring and just made me depressed against my own will.

     5.   Misery by Stephen King :  Rating :  




 Review : Goodbye Annie Wilkes, not going to miss you XD!
I've been on edge the whole time I was reading this book! It was scary, bloody, grisly and full of suspense.
It also amazed me how Paul Sheldon's thoughts made me laugh at the most nerve-wracking situations!
I'm happy and relieved that I finally finished it. This was my first Stephen King book and it definitely won't be the last.



Comment your opinion about these five reviews, and if you have read the books before, let us know what you think about them, too. Let your friends know about them by sharing the post on social media.

2 comments: